Wednesday, February 10, 2010

hair bow organizer

After seeing Carrie's bow organizer, I decided it was time Sophia had one too. I was glad that Carrie thought a larger one would work, because I had this 16 x 20 frame in the basement. I'd already painted it white, though I don't know what I'd previously planned to do with it...

I cut wood for the back of the frame and then layered batting and fabric on top, because it was what I had on hand and because it would match Sophia's room (I've previously made curtains and a cushion for a little seat for her). I then evenly spaced ribbon down the length of the board and attached it to the frame with the prongs that were intended for the back of the frame (missing, along with the glass). I think this look would also be adorable with a few small frames with various fabric hung together as a collage...

no pictures of the process or it hanging with bows on it because my camera is broken. nice huh? Luckily my sister has her old camera that shes going to let me use until we get a new one (Susan, I need to get that from you), which will be... Christmas maybe?

again- I'm linking up... because that cupcake tower looks awesome.
DIY Day @ ASPTL

3 comments:

stephanie h said...

love it!

Anonymous said...

i wanna see it with the bows on it...FIND A CAMERA!

Alison said...

LOVE this hairbow holder! I actually have something so similar for my daughter. And thanks for your visit on my blog. As for curl advice, I usually spray them with water and never brush her hair unless it's soaking wet. I do put a de-frizzer on it every now and then. But for the most part, I let it do its own thing. What I have learned is that the wetter her hair, the cuter the curls will be when they dry.

Hope that helps! Thanks again for your visit!