Saturday, January 24, 2009

trying to figure it out...

to coupon, or not to coupon, that seems to be the question...

on one hand, as I'm researching how to save more money, I hear stories of people who shop from a list, and only buy what they need. Fair enough. Not impulse buying would obviously save you LOTS of money if you are someone who occasionally goes to the grocery store for milk, decides she doesn't want to go back to the store again tomorrow, or later in the week and then fills the cart with items- not having a plan on how to use them... before I started cooking dream dinner style, I shopped this way a lot- especially right before Matthew was born.... I'd see a mom with her crying kid and things would start flying into my cart- I was going to be stocked well- no running around the grocery store with a crying newborn for me....

Now, scouring the Internet for places or ways to find extra coupons (... did you know that there are websites out there that let you load coupons to your Kroger plus card??). I've found a few people who talk of getting stuff very cheaply, or free even. (here, here and here) I'm trying to see exactly how this works- what the catch is... so far, all I've found is that you have to meal plan around the deals, and stock up on what's for sale- so you don't have to buy an item again until it's on sale again... which also seems like it would take just as long to figure out as scouring all over for coupons and sales...

this would maybe be a fun task to try to figure out with a friend, but alone it's quite daunting and time consuming!!

No comments: