Friday, January 2, 2009

Our Christmas


cross stitch stockings, originally uploaded by SIMPLY.MADE.

I had great plans... I was going to show you my stockings on Christmas eve, and then our tree again on Christmas morning... but then little Mr. Matthew fell ill, and well, we spent our Christmas much differently than planned.

It was still quite a sweet Christmas day- In between being sick, Matthew was quite snugly and just as cute as ever. We watched Wall-e and hung around the house, a bucket always close by.

I'm glad to say that Matthew is 110% better now, though he has become quite used to all of the snuggling and being carried around- Yep, I've got some snugglers on my hands. Too bad I can't spend every bit of every day snuggled up on the couch with my babies... the bathrooms won't clean themselves, Dinner won't appear at 5:30...

Maybe just a few more hours of snuggling though before we worry about that...

hey- and notice those stockings?? I made those! Not all this year of course... I made Erik's the year we were married, and got most of mine finished then too, made Matthew's the next year and completed Sophia's just barely in time. Well, to be completely honest, hers still isn't finished, her Santa Still needs his beard glued on... but who's going to call me out on it? I had from January to December to finish Matthew's and only from her wild arrival in July to complete hers...

2 comments:

The Kiefers said...

Wow! You did such a great job with those. They look awesome!!

Anonymous said...

how in the heck am i suppose to be a great mother compared to all of the great things you do for your kids...i mean...come on...give me a break here...home-made costumes, perfect cakes, needle-work, home-made clothes...gosh...

:) you are the best mom Sophia and Matthew could have!