Thursday, July 10, 2008

reading with dad


reading with dad, originally uploaded by SIMPLY.MADE.

Matthew has become a big fan of reading books. Once he gets you started, he doesn't want you to stop.
This afternoon, he had my sister, Susan, read him 3 books during his lunch (and he ate it ALL- he hasn't really even eaten lunch all week long, no matter what it is that I offer...) After lunch, she left and he and I read books while laying in his bed. I think I read.... 7 books? And then he fell asleep- how heavenly is that for a mom? I got to sit back and relax and he didn't fight nap time like he usually would...
At night, just before bed, he'll beg and beg Erik to read 'one more'.
I can see that this is the beginning of a WONDERFUL thing, especially since he'll pick his own book and bring it to you- how nice will that make it when the baby arrives and he needs attention and I'm too tired to do anything but sit on the couch? :)

No comments: