Tuesday, June 24, 2008

4 for 4


upside down sleeping, originally uploaded by SIMPLY.MADE.

Last night was the FOURTH night IN A ROW that Mr. Matthew put himself to sleep. FOURTH.
It's so mind boggling to me I can hardly believe it. In fact, I'd never believe it if someone else had told me about it... but there ya go- there he is. We've been laying with him after his whole big bedtime routine, but then after a while I've been heading out, telling the little fella that if he can't lay still, I'm going to go lay in my bed. We started this quite a while ago really- once my belly started stretching and the smallest of kicks and wiggles from the outside would make me want to yelp out in pain. For the longest time, he'd cry when I left... I'd wait a few minutes and we'd do it all over again... now I maybe have to come in once more after I leave for a "2nd chance"... then I tell him that Mom's all done, and that I'll come back to check on him in a few minutes. So far- so good.
I found him like this one night, feet on his pillow, and Erik's found him once curled up in the rocking chair... and then last night- sooo cute- he apparently had thrown his pillow off of the bed and couldn't get it back up on the bed, so he'd found a small decorative pillow that matches his curtains, and was using that as his sleeping pillow instead.
The BEST thing about him putting himself to sleep?? He's also pretty consistently sleeping through the night too...
Such a big boy! He's going to make a great big brother. It makes me want to tear up though when I realize how far his come from being a baby... and that all of that night waking and dependency is going to start up again in about a month...

No comments: