Wednesday, March 19, 2008

IKEA Enetri shelves


my helper, originally uploaded by SIMPLY.MADE.

They're up! Finally!! It took a while to get motivated to move the computer desk over to make room, but the shelves are up!
Matthew's super dooper Uncle Mike made a trip to IKEA to pick these up for us, then Mia and Bebop picked them up from his house, brought them to their house, and then to our house! What a travelin' pair those two are! I do have to admit, road trips ARE a lot of fun when your traveling buddy is your best friend.
As you can see, Matthew was a big help with the "turn turn"-ing of the process.


my little helper, originally uploaded by SIMPLY.MADE.

I had to move everything out of the room EXCEPT for the computer desk to get these babies together, and even then it was a tight squeeze.


Enetri shelves, from IKEA, originally uploaded by SIMPLY.MADE.

I'd promised myself that I'd leave them empty until we'd screwed in the child safety tip resistant thing-a-ma-bob that came with it. Although I doubt they'd fall over because of their current position, partially blocked by the large computer desk, I didn't want to take any chances of a little person deciding they looked like a ladder that would be fun to climb, and having them and a ton of stuff fall on top of the little explorer.


IKEA Enitri shelves, originally uploaded by SIMPLY.MADE.

A day later- they looked like this...
Why is it that horizontal surfaces tend to collect junk? I decided to put an end to the junk stacking, clear the shelves off and break out the drill. With the shelves secured to the wall, they've started filling up with less junky looking items- most from the shelves that were hanging above the computer. I've taken those down now, and they'll be making the move to the basement in a few months (weeks?!?) with the computer desk.

No comments: